Anyone else missing WM relations buttons?

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Philthy
Warrant Officer

Anyone else missing WM relations buttons?

Post by Philthy »

In the manual(pg. 82), several buttons for WM relations are shown. The WM Treaty, Military Aid, Economic Aid, and WM vote buttons aren't there. Are they scenario/campaign specific? I've only played the US California scenario and campaign.

Also, I was under the impression that once you unify a region your military and infrastructure remain the same. I unified California, but when I got to US west, everything was gone. Am I right to assume that only technology and money transfer to the next level? Or do we even get that?

Any info would be great.

Phil
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Anyone else missing WM relations buttons?

Post by Baloogan »

Philthy wrote:In the manual(pg. 82), several buttons for WM relations are shown. The WM Treaty, Military Aid, Economic Aid, and WM vote buttons aren't there. Are they scenario/campaign specific? I've only played the US California scenario and campaign.

Also, I was under the impression that once you unify a region your military and infrastructure remain the same. I unified California, but when I got to US west, everything was gone. Am I right to assume that only technology and money transfer to the next level? Or do we even get that?

Any info would be great.

Phil
They are as gone as covert ops :P
pandora6969
Warrant Officer

Post by pandora6969 »

yes I don't have thew button either, and I played the US Illinios Campaign game. :o
Strategy Gamer
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

I was wondering the same thing. More could definately be there. When ever the WM has offered stuff its not been what I most wanted. I really would have wanted to request something specific, like decent tanks for example.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Hear us battlegoat :P
George Geczy
General

Re: Anyone else missing WM relations buttons?

Post by George Geczy »

Philthy wrote:In the manual(pg. 82), several buttons for WM relations are shown. The WM Treaty, Military Aid, Economic Aid, and WM vote buttons aren't there. Are they scenario/campaign specific?
There are a few sections of the game that didn't 'make the cut' as far as feature balance/gameplay/etc are concerned; these are listed in the readme file, though the two biggest are the WM 'relations' elements, and the covert ops sections. There have been discussions of both of these elsewhere in the forum, but with the amount of traffic we've had lately a lot of the discussions have become a bit buried.

However, as far as the WM goes, the 'aid' requests have been replaced by a system where the WM more decides for itself what it's willing to offer at any given time, based on your circumstances, and for you it is a 'take it or leave it' situation. The WM Votes were also an interesting idea in concept, but given the fact that the majority of the world is 'off map' at any given time, they really didn't make a lot of sense from a gameplay standpoint. We're going to try to re-work the idea and, if we can make it fit in the game, we'll add it back in the future.

Regarding campaign progression, your military, production, technology and treasury data carries forward, but on-map facilities are defaulted at each new level. Given the changes in map scale and layout at each level, it was not possible to carry newly built facilities forward.

-- George.

Return to “General Discussion”