Organic Transport

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Draken
General
Human: Yes

Organic Transport

Post by Draken »

This is an idea I got:

What if we could assign an organic transport for each unit by medium type (air, sea or land)?

For example: lets say that we have a Marine btn and several transport units (helos, planes , ships, trucks etc). Somewhere in the unit panel we would be able to assign a specific air transport to this Marine btn so, whenever we issued the Air transport order to the Marine btn, only the assigned Air Transport will respond and if it can’t the Marine btn won’t move (a message would be nice). Same for Sea and Land transport order (assuming that someday we will have a Land transport order)…

Of course, if there is no organic transport assigned for the order type, the current method will be in effect...

Thoughts?
red
General

Post by red »

This might be nice if the devs do formations, because you could go even further and, with this kind of framework, assign helos to be the transport pair for an airmobile unit and an AOE squadron to be a supply pair to a naval task force and so on.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Sounds good to me.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

...as part of 'logical' formations [discussed here and elsewhere], I've always done this. One way to do this somewhat effectively is to keep all of the associated resources geographically close - for instance, you have a brigade of leg units, tucked away behind a ridge about ten hexes from a border. Keeping their helos close by makes for a certain forgiveness if you hastily order an air transport, as besides other criterion, the engine typically picks the nearest units to accomplish an otherwise unspecified transport.

But it sure would be nice if....
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
Draken
General
Human: Yes

Post by Draken »

Il Duce wrote:... Keeping their helos close by makes for a certain forgiveness if you hastily order an air transport, as besides other criterion, the engine typically picks the nearest units to accomplish an otherwise unspecified transport.
Yeah, that's my workaround too....
felinis
Lt. Colonel

Post by felinis »

Give us Land Transport.

Loading each garrison onto a truck manually is too burdensom -
allow us to select a bunch of garrisons and command "Land Transport" for them all at once.

Return to “Wish List”