TOAW Inspired “training and recruiting”

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Draken
General
Human: Yes

TOAW Inspired “training and recruiting”

Post by Draken »

This belong more to the dream list than to the wish list.

Wouldn’t it be could if we had “military equipment factories” that produces individual tanks, APC, artillery pieces, etc and the ability to define custom TO&E mixing those equipment’s?

This would allow the player to create and operate units at the level he/she wants from battalion to division size!

For example: a traditional SR2010 M1A2 btn would consist of 54 M1A2 tanks… But if the player wants to play at brigade level, he/she could define a “Mech Infantry brigade” consisting of:
108 M2A2 Brandleys
54 M1A2 Abrams
18 M109A3 Paladin
18 M6 Linebackers
20 Supply trunks
16 M3A2 for recon

You got the idea…

For simplicity, the mixing would only be allowed between units of the same kind (land, air, and sea)

The unit strength would be the sum of the individual strengths.

Factories will put the equipment in a “global pool” where it will stay until needed: combat loses replacement and new units commissioning.

Of course, the current staking system won’t work. It is very different to have 7 Division or 7 Battalions…. So, stacking limits should be base on the number of vehicles/squads in the hex.

Current units (btn size) would be default templates.
red
General

Post by red »

I'd certainly like a game with less generic and higher-level units. When you say battalions would be the template units, do you mean that the player would mix, in this case, 2 mech inf battalions and a tank battalion etc. rather than 108 M2 squads, 54 M1 squads etc.? The way TOAW tracks individual weapon systems is nice, but that level of detail would probably make SR2010 unplayably slow. :) If it could be done I think that's a nice way to make higher-level units and to, more importantly, see some replacement concerns and ways to affect the quantity or quality of replacements. I don't like that everything currently repairs automagically and using a different system than how you produce actual units (purely MGs vs. rare base production slots and MGs). It's somewhat unbalanced that the player can withdraw masses of damaged units and repair half their army in a week of unimaginable production.
Draken
General
Human: Yes

Post by Draken »

When you say battalions would be the template units, do you mean that the player would mix, in this case, 2 mech inf battalions and a tank battalion etc. rather than 108 M2 squads, 54 M1 squads etc.?
No, since the goats won't sell it without units, I sugested that the current units (which are mostly battalion size) would be the default TO&E templates, just pure units of the same vehicle type... No mixing... But that will not restrict the player to them...
The way TOAW tracks individual weapon systems is nice, but that level of detail would probably make SR2010 unplayably slow.
Didn't I say "dream list" ? :wink:
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

TOAW type units that player could build would be the dream ticket. But I think that any simpler version of creating brigade combat teams and divisions would be very welcome. As thinks stand the battalion level is hard to manage at world level and a distant removed from realism regarding force to space ratios.

I should think there are lots of ideas out there on how BCTs and divisions could be implemented, perhaps a dedicated thread shoud be re-started.

Return to “Wish List”